In the fall of 1984, Holy Trinity School was formed by the centralization of St. Mary's School and Immaculate Conception School. The centralized school served the three parishes of St. Mary, Assumption, St. Elizabeth, Richfield Center, and Immaculate Conception, Marygrove. The building at Assumption was chosen because it was the largest building and able to accommodate all of the students.
In 2003, Holy Trinity Catholic Parish was created by Bishop James R. Hoffman from the original parishes of St. Mary's, Assumption, St. Elizabeth, Richfield Center, and Immaculate Conception, Marygrove. In 2004, we welcomed the parishioners from Our Lady of Fatima, Lyons. There are over 1000 households registered within the Holy Trinity Parish, spread over nearly 200 square miles.
After the combination of all four parishes into one, a capital building campaign began to raise money to build a new Holy Trinity School. On Trinity Sunday, June 11, 2006, ground was broken for a new school building. The new school building was dedicated on Sunday, August 12, 2007, and opened for the first day of school on August 15, 2007. The original HTS building (formerly St. Mary's School) was demolished in 2007. The cornerstone was removed and placed at the newly built school. The newer addition, that was added in 1959, was remodeled and currently houses our parish offices, the Heritage Room, a kitchen, our St. Vincent de Paul Society, and the Holy Family Room.